This list is a compilation of our personal favorites, reader recommendations, and top sellers from the Facentials store to make a list for the Top 10 Vegan Protein Products reviewed in 2021.
Today there are hundreds of Vegan Protein Products to choose from. And we know how there are different factors people judge a product on.
So, after researching dozens and dozens of them, we were able to break them down to our Top 10 Vegan Protein Products in 2021.
*Note*: This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
- 🥇Top 10 Vegan Protein Products in 2021
- 1. Sunwarrior Plant-Based Organic Vegan Protein
- 2. Ora Organic Vegan Protein
- 3. Orgain Vanilla Bean Vegan Protein
- 4. Vega Sport Premium Vegan Protein
- 5. Anthony's Premium Pea Vegan Protein
- 6. Purely Inspired Probiotic Vegan Protein
- 7. Garden of Life Sport Vegan Protein
- 8. Vegansmart Chocolate Vegan Protein
- 9. KOS Organic Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan Protein
- 10. Birdman Falcon Premium Vegan Protein
- Get Your PDF on Charcoal Detox
🥇Top 10 Vegan Protein Products in 2021
Sunwarrior Plant-Based Organic Vegan Protein
Ora Organic Vegan Protein
Orgain Vanilla Bean Vegan Protein
Vega Sport Premium Vegan Protein
Anthony's Premium Pea Vegan Protein
Purely Inspired Probiotic Vegan Protein
Garden of Life Sport Vegan Protein
Vegansmart Chocolate Vegan Protein
KOS Organic Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan Protein
Birdman Falcon Premium Vegan Protein
1. Sunwarrior Plant-Based Organic Vegan Protein
Features & Benefits
- Over 925+ Positive Reviews
- UNLOCK THE WARRIOR WITHIN: Perfect for anyone who wants to amplify fitness levels or build muscle
- RICH PROTEIN SOURCES: Legumes, hemp seeds, and goji berries plus MCTs from coconut to fuel your active life
- FEARLESS FREEDOM: Free of soy, dairy, GMOs, sugar, and gluten, plus it's raw, certified organic, and vegan
- EASY PREP: Shake up with your favorite beverage or get fancy and blend with fruit, greens, ice, boosters, and more
- NO MORE SCOOP DIGGING: Giving the gift of time and convenience, our scoop is built into the lid
"This product is amazing. I was pleased to see it was a rather large container. This is my first time doing a detox to lose a few pounds and these shakes make a wonderful meal replacement. I chose the vanilla flavor... delicious!!! I mix it with 4 oz of vanilla and chai tea and 4oz of skim milk. I don't even use a blender. I use a beverage shaker and voila!!! It's filling and keeps me satisfy. Between the 14 day detox tea I purchased here on Amazon, and the protein shakes I've lost 5 lbs in 5 days. I'm sure I could lose more if I could exercise, but I'm partially disabled and unable to walk. I'm over the moon happy with this product. The price is extremely reasonable." - Ita
2. Ora Organic Vegan Protein
Features & Benefits
- Over 928+ Positive Reviews
- ALL ORGANIC & PLANT-BASED PROTEIN: Our organic plant-based protein powder formula is made from all-natural ingredients including 21 grams of protein and 4 grams of carbs, all the while being completely vegan. We include 20+ superfoods for added micronutrients and all essential amino acids to ensure you get the most out of your post-workout routine.
- AMAZING TASTE AND TEXTURE: Our protein blends easily and come in flavors that are delicious on their own or effortlessly complement many food recipes and smoothies.
- GREAT FOR MOMS & KIDS: Heavy metal tested. Safe for kids and breastfeeding or pregnant mamas.
- THE CLEANEST INGREDIENTS: Clean, whole-food ingredients sourced from USDA organic certified farms. Always non-GMO and free from gluten, dairy, fillers, and artificial ingredients.
"I purchased the chocolate flavor and it arrived today. I absolutely love the flavor and consistency. It’s not gritty or chalky. I also found it to mix well, but regardless of the brand, consistency is based entirely on your base (ie liquid of choice and add ins.) For example, adding a healthy fat will make it creamier...a bit of full fat coconut milk, half an avocado, etc. Adding water or low fat plant based milk will make it separate. I’ve tried many protein powders and this is by far my favorite, even after only trying it once. It matches up nutrient-wise nicely to Shakeology, but I stopped consuming that because it’s just too expensive (I’m NOT a “coach” by the way.) I’ve also previously used Tone It Up and my gosh, theirs gives me the worst stomach ache. It’s AWFUL protein - the smell, consistency, and after taste. Don’t even try. I really love the superfoods blend added to this powder as well as the digestive enzymes. I’m happy to report I’m having zero bloating/stomach pains. My kids won’t touch drinks with powders I’ve used previously. Not that they need it anyway. But I poured them each a bit of this and they loved it. So there you go. The negative reviews here about the flavor, texture and aftertaste - don’t believe them. They must be drinking Wendy’s frosties. Protein powder is never gonna taste exactly like a milkshake people!" - Jmm
3. Orgain Vanilla Bean Vegan Protein
Features & Benefits
- Over 12,000+ Positive Reviews
- Includes 1 (2.03 pound) orgain organic plant based vanilla bean protein powder
- 21 grams of organic plant based protein (pea, brown rice, chia seeds), 5 grams of organic dietary fiber, 5 grams of net carbs, 0 grams of sugar, 150 calories per serving
- USDA organic, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, lactose free, low net carbs, no added sugar, soy free, kosher, non GMO, carrageenan free, and no artificial ingredients
- Mix with water, milk, or your favorite protein shake recipe for a quick breakfast or snack drink. Use when bakin grams to give your cakes, muffins, brownies, or cookies a protein and energy boost
- Ideal for healthy, on the go nutrition for men, women, and kids. These are great for meal replacement, smoothie boosters, building grams lean muscle, muscle recovery, and pre or post workouts
"I've been using this for about a year. I have tried about everything out there and
for the money...and being plant based...in my opinion it's right up there with
the top name brands; for a lot less cost. I mix it with Organic raspberries, blueberries, 1/2 of
banana, Green Vibrance and self ground Flax Seed; plus some high potency mutli vitamins with
minerals and Ubiqunol. I usually am never tired and have energy that keeps me going until
fairly late at night.I'm going to be 70 and something has to be helping me and I believe it is
this regiment. Good luck and God Bless" - Tony
4. Vega Sport Premium Vegan Protein
Features & Benefits
- Over 2,800+ Positive Reviews
- 30 GRAMS OF PLANT BASED PROTEIN POWDER with 5g BCAA amino acids and 5g Glutamic Acid. Amino Acid profile containing 9 essential amino acids from pea protein powder, pumpkin seed, organic sunflower seed.
- SUPPORT RECOVERY POST WORKOUT with ingredients like tart cherry, turmeric extract and 2 billion CFU probiotics (bacillus coagulans) to help build muscle and support recovery.
- MADE FOR ATHLETES - NSF Certified for Sport, Non-GMO Project Verified, Certified Vegan protein powder and gluten free. Vega is proud to be voted #1 Sport Nutrition Product of the Year in the Consumer Survey of Product Innovation 2020, Sports Nutrition category. A survey of 40,000 people by Kantar.
- KETO-FRIENDLY PROTEIN POWDER for women and men with 3g net carbs, and no artificial sweeteners, flavors or colors, lactose and dairy free, soy free and non whey. *not a medical food
- SMOOTH TASTE AND TEXTURE, just blend or shake with water or your choice of beverage post workout – or even add some fruit to make a tasty protein packed smoothie
"I hardly write reviews, but when i saw all the complaints about the metals I just have to say.,,, Stop it people!! For all of those on a plant based diet you should know that one of the first things you have to realize is that heavy metals are naturally present in soil and water which logically means there are going to be certain amounts of it in most fruits, vegetables and tap water . So let me say this, METALS ARE NOT ADDED TO PROTEIN POWDERS but they are absorbed from the soil by whatever plant source is being utilized to create the product,. Start doing your own research and you will discover what organization started this entire fear mongering about metals in plant based supplements and why they did so and if you want to continue to complain, then you might as well continue and stop eating, vegetables and fruit and a whole list of other foods that will take up to much space in this review . In closing, I experiment with different plant based brand protein powder supplements and this Vega is fantastic. Grainy or not grainy just depends on how you make it. Sweet or not sweet once again depends on how you mix it i.e with water or milk or fruit etc. I keep mine simple, about 85% water with a top off of Flaxseed milk. Absolutely delicious!!!!" - GJ
5. Anthony's Premium Pea Vegan Protein
Features & Benefits
- Over 1,494+ Positive Reviews
- Premium Pea Protein Isolate from Canada, Packed in California
- Batch Tested and Verified Gluten Free
- Natural Plant Based Protein Source, Non-GMO
- Unflavored and Unsweetened - Excellent for Powdered Blends
- Use it as a base for protein shakes, blend it into smoothie bowls, add it to yogurt, baked goods, protein bars and more!
"So will preface my review by stating that all of these unflavored plant powders taste like crap to me, but that is a non issue as I always put it in something where I can't taste the flavor anyways. I prefer no additional additives or fillers that are bad for my health so I go with unflavored everything. Great value for the product from a company I trust. I use a lot of their other products and they are all great! I highly recommend everything from this company. All "unflavored" things of almost any sort will have some kind of flavor so don't bash an "unflavored" product for having a flavor because it is impossible to get rid of the underlying flavor of the item the product is made from. Unflavored simply means that no additional flavors are added, not that it is flavorless. People don't seem to understand that." - Tony
6. Purely Inspired Probiotic Vegan Protein
Features & Benefits
- Over 2,100+ Positive Reviews
- FROM AMERICA’s #1 SELLING ORGANIC PLANT-BASED PROTEIN – Purely Inspired Organic Protein Powder delivers 20 grams of plant-based protein with 160 calories, 2g fiber, 1g added sugar per serving
- TASTES GREAT and MIXES EASILY – Mix in a glass or shaker bottle with water, smoothies, almond milk, oat milk or your non-dairy drink of choice. Protein powder can also be added to oatmeal, snack bars, pancakes, waffles and other recipes
- USE IN THE MORNING, BETWEEN MEALS, BEFORE or AFTER EXERCISE – Clean source of protein for women and men
- CONVENIENT, SUPERIOR FORMULA – It’s an opportune way to add plant-based protein (organic pea and brown rice) and a probiotic with a great-tasting fruit and veggie blend
- CLEAN INGREDIENTS – Certified USDA Organic, Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Vegan Friendly, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Cholesterol Free. No artificial sweeteners, colors or flavors
"I've used this protein powder for years and I like it because it doesn't congest the system like many whey proteins do. It's also naturally sweetened, no maltitol or other artificial sweeteners. I blend it with frozen berries, coconut milk and water (sometime through in a little yogurt) and it tastes great. I use it for part of my breakfast a few times a week, along with a small bowl of quinoa, maple syrup and walnuts. If you just want to drink it with water you're going to have to gulp it down, but a few very small healthy additions makes it great. As the author of a book on nutrition and weight loss, I highly recommend this product!!" - AC
7. Garden of Life Sport Vegan Protein
Features & Benefits
- Over 2,600+ Positive Reviews
- Organic sport protein: Certified USDA organic, non gmo project verified, NSF certified for sport, informed choice for sport certified, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, no added sugars
- Post workout recovery: Our Garden of Life Vegan Protein helps you refuel & repair muscles after a hard workout with 30 gram of complete protein and over 5 gram BCAA amino acids, glutamine & glutamic acid
- Recovery drink: This sport protein powder promotes faster recovery with an organic high antioxidant blend of organic tart cherries, organic apples, organic turmeric, organic gogi berries and organic blueberries
- Immune system support: This BCAAs amino acids powder contains 2 billion CFU probiotic blend to keep your immune system strong during training
- Certified clean: Breath easy knowing this vegan amino acids powder is clean and free of any banned substances
"How much time do you have? Oh, how I could go on about this stuff. I have done more research on different types of plant based protein powder. I have tried too many brands to name. THIS. This is the way to go if you are looking for something plant based, full of good nutrition, minus a lot of crap you don't need, and with no added sugar. Sugar is poison to me, and I'm allergic to dairy and most preservatives. I'm also Celiac. But, I've really gotten into running and strength training, and I needed something to add a good dose of protein and nutrition to my day. Other options didn't taste anywhere near as good, weren't as "clean," or didn't mix well. With this, I essentially make the healthiest soft serve ice cream, I mean smoothie bowl, for breakfast every morning -- a bit of frozen apple, frozen pear, a couple of cups of frozen cauliflower, 2 scoops of this, 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla cashew milk, 1/2 cup of cold coffee, a bunch of spices (clove, cinnamon, allspice, cayenne, black pepper, and turmeric), a couple of piece of frozen ginger root -- toss it in my food processor and AMAZING. It is also good mixed into oatmeal (add a 1/2 cup pumpkin puree and WOW). If you need a little more sweetness, a few drops of monk fruit sweetener pairs well. Really, I tried every other brand for you. This is a great choice. I love it! I've been using it a couple of months now, and I feel the difference. I highly recommend it!" - DSC
8. Vegansmart Chocolate Vegan Protein
Features & Benefits
- Over 1,972+ Positive Reviews
- VEGANSMART PLANT BASED PROTEIN POWDER: 20g of non-GMO protein, dietary fiber, no cholesterol, and zero trans-fat vegan protein powder
- MEAL REPLACEMENT SHAKE: Delicious, all-in-one shake, low calorie, prebiotics, dietary fiber and omega 4
- WHOLE FOOD COMPLEX: Nine different fruits and vegetables, polyphenols, antioxidants, and flavonoids
- 23 VITAMINS AND MINERALS: Everyday nutrition, healthy cell function, post workout
- BREAKFAST SHAKE OR ON THE GO: Protein berry granola bowl or shake/blend with your favorite liquid
"I had a difficult post operation experience due to severe hemorrhaging. I couldn't even hold my cell phone for almost a week after the procedure. The simple act of chewing food was exhausting. I had half a container of Naturade Vegan Smart in the house from when I attempted to become vegetarian earlier that year. (I failed to become a vegetarian back then because i wasn't patient enough to find the right mix to make it enjoyable.)
Once I got discharged to come home, my dad came to help with my recovery process. He looked in my pantry and found the VeganSmart. First he mixed it with orange juice. It wasn't great but it was much better than any other attempt I had in the past and I was able to drink this cocktail for almost a month. Unfortunately, my stomach muscles are still weak and I developed silent acid reflux. Now I have to skip the orange juice. I hate yoghurt but now I'm trying to drink a bit a day to restore my health. I found the combination of this Naturade VeganSmart Vanilla (one scoop) with 3/4 glass of unsweetened original Almond Breeze almond milk along with a 3oz Dannon Danimals smoothie (strawberry explosion) and use The Greek Gods Kefir Cultured Milk (honey and strawberry) for the remaining glass space to be a comforting blend. I can now have two or three glasses of this cocktail throughout the day without making a face or holding my breath. I use a fork to beat it instead of a blender and it's much less mess and easy to clean up. From the photo, it's easy to see there are no clumps to make one go bleh." - H
9. KOS Organic Chocolate Peanut Butter Vegan Protein
Features & Benefits
- Over 710+ Positive Reviews
- AMAZING FLAVOR: Infused with organic Peruvian cacao, Himalayan salt, organic coconut milk, a dash of stevia & monk fruit, our award-winning protein blend is simply delicious! Add 2 scoops to cold water for tasty shakes or mix into smoothies & snacks.
- WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: Great protein powder for weight loss. The soluble fiber in plant protein gives you that “full” feeling for a longer period of time. You eat less but not at the expense of calories. Still packed with 20g protein per serving.
- COMPLETE PROTEIN: Our USDA Organic vegan protein powder has a 5 protein blend of Pea, Flax Seed, Quinoa, Pumpkin Seed & Chia Seed + essential vitamins & minerals. Healthier than whey protein powder for both your body and the environment.
- DIGESTION SUPPORT: Enhanced with powerful digestion support by DigeSEB, a proprietary digestive enzyme blend. DigeSEB aids digestion & helps the body maximize absorption by embracing & capitalizing on its ingested nutrients.
"Ok - so about me: I’ve tried sooooo many protein powders... basic whey isolates, whey blends, casein, egg, some plant based, all brands - (I used to work at GNC so I’ve definitely tried a wide gamut of flavors and brands there’s some gems and some complete trash)... I have never tried a plant based protein and “liked” it. It’s sometimes tolerable but I’ld never spend a penny of my own money on it, or it tastes like I’m chewing dirt.
I was drawn in by the reviews on Kos and had to find out! I mixed with~8-10 oz of water and just shook it (no little blender ball/jack, just shake) and it was just as good as many whey powders!!! (I say that way because I’ve never tried a powder that didn’t taste like a powder/protein drink, so no, it’s no “chocolate milk” but it’s a very good protein chocolate drink). No strong orders, blends well, easy to drink. Lots of people say it’s too sweet, but I think for a chocolate protein drink it’s great! Very happy I tried this! So for any whey people looking for an alternative, I think this one is pretty darn good!" - Y
10. Birdman Falcon Premium Vegan Protein
Features & Benefits
- Over 519+ Positive Reviews
- High Quality Vegan Fuel: Muscle repair and maintenance, 22 grams protein including 4.5g BCAAs, probiotics, and enzymes, no sugar, no fillers, 120 calories per serving.
- Premium Organic Plant-Based Protein: Organic pea protein, organic brown rice protein, organic quinoa sprout, organic pumpkin seed protein, organic cranberry seed protein, organic sacha inchi powder, and organic amaranth sprout.
- Ideal for all humans: Diabetes, Colon problems, Lactose intolerant, Athletes, Vegans, Vegetarians, Students, Busy professionals, and Housewives can all enjoy BIRDMAN's products. A percentage of our sales help protect animal rights.
- USDA Organic, NON-GMO, Kosher, Vegan, Gluten-free, Soy-free, Chemical-free, sugar-free, Lactose-free.
"This is a great protein supplement. It has good ingredients and it tastes good, not too sweat or with a strong protein flavor. I have only tried the chocolate flavor and I have never tried it on its own. I always added to my smothie with other ingredients. It doesn't have a strong chocolate flavor so if I want that I just add a teaspoon of cacao powder. I hope they keep improving their formula, it would be great if they would add turmeric or a type of mushroom or even a different flavor like maca. I used to buy vivo protein from the UK which was my favorite protein but it is expensive. I think the birdman protein is great for the ingredients and price and it's from Mexico . Also, it doesn't make you gassy, it's good to your stomach. I have a sensitive stomach and gut and this doesn't cause me sensibility or gas like others. I also love that has probiotics besides the digestive enzimes.
Will continue to buy this." - E